Random, flight of idea kind of thoughts about me and food:
- I love a good carb binge but not the massive hangover afterwards
- I sleep better when I eat whole foods and avoid processed food (nighty night)
- I have fewer mood swings and am in a better frame of mind when I eat whole foods
- I have zero bouts with hypoglycemia when eliminating processed foods – zip, zero, nada
- I get sick of the same old thing day after day (unless it’s processed carby food – now why can I eat cheetos from now until eternity?)
- I love really tasty food but rarely overeat really tasty food if it’s not in the form of sugar (read “cake balls are bad”) or processed (read cheetos)
- I crave meat. I mean I will wake up in the middle of the night craving a chicken breast!! Who does that??? But I don’t overeat on meat…
- I crave bread, potatoes, bread, pasta, bread errrrr did I mention bread? – especially when I’m eating them… okay that makes no sense but *I* know what I mean. (The more I eat it the more I crave it.) I most definitely overeat on bread, pasta, potatoes….
- Food tastes better with butter, butter-butter, peanut butter, almond butter….. B-U-T-T-E-R (speaking of which is a tablespoon of almond butter a leveled off tablespoon or a rounded tablespoon???mmmm???)
- I think Splenda “counts” as sugar. I think Splenda “counts” as processed. I think I am addicted to Splenda.
- I crave fat -did you read where the Texas State fair is having FRIED BUTTER?
- I do not crave fruit unless I can’t have any (like the Atkins diet) and am always surprised when I add fruit to a dish and it spikes up the yummieness (like grapes in chicken salad or pears and pork chops)
- I crave cold foods sometimes (like when I’m doing Atkins and everything I ate was alway hot)
- I am one of the few people I know who will turn down ice cream in favor of bread, pasta or potatoes!
- Foods labeled “fat free” annoy me
- My favorite combination of flavors is salty and sweet
- I love hot, spicy foods too
- I love foods that are crunchy (back to cheetos again)
If you can’t tell already – I do looooooove a list!
Here’s the plan for the week:
- No Splenda. Zip. Zero. Nada. Just one week. And let’s see….
- Try all my health food buys this week: Stevia, Chia seeds, grass fed beef and greek yogurt
- Try Heather’s ABU (need to buy Almond milk)
- Try the new Jay Robb’s protein stuff I got (thanks HEAB)
- Log my food everyday and be specific about cravings and time of day
- Move, move, move
All this and report back next week.